Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Magic Hat #9 "A beer cloaked in secrecy. An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue and ask more questions than it answers. A sort of dry, crisp, refreshing, not-quite pale ale. #9 is really impossible to describe because there's never been anything else quite like it." It really describes itself well. A golden amber color, it unfortunately poured without much head and what was there was a simple white in color. MH9 carries a complex smell to it - slightly hoppy, slightly fruity, slightly sweet. There is a distinct sharpness at the front of the tongue that finishes off in a really smooth fruity note that is perfectly balanced by what I first thought of as bitterness, but after reflection is better described, as by the brewer, as a dryness. I am typically not a fan of fruity beers, but this one is a different breed and is one of my favorites. I can't really say what fruit might be in it, if any, and I think that adds to the flavor and mystique of the drink.

So, I don't know if any of you follow technology outside of the consumer realm, but I have come across a few videos that are absolutely amazing.


So, that is Big Dog. A quadrupedal robot that can balance and move through rough terrain. That doesn't read near as amazing as it sounds in my head. Blows my mind. Ready for more?


Enter PETMAN. A self-balancing, freely-moving robot.

Holy.

Shit.

Currently under development for the testing of chemical protective clothing, but it does not take a genius to think of giving it some AI, hands, and eyes. Be prepared, my friends. The minute this guy meets Watson, it's Game Over.

1 comment:

  1. How about a robot ostrich?
    http://whatsnext.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/14/this-robot-ostrich-probably-will-outrun-you/?hpt=hp_bn6

    ReplyDelete