Monday, October 17, 2011

Welcome. Here is my blog.

Tonight I sip on a Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale. Label Discription: "This copper-colored ale is crafted with roasted malts, Belgian sugar and a touch of wheat for a rich caramel flavor and a smooth toffee finish." It is a nice dark amber and poured with about two-fingers of head that quickly dissolved, which is unfortunate, as the head of a beer can further add to the smell and taste. You can smell the sweetness and a slight hoppiness. The tastes of caramel and toffee are blended nicely with a slight bitterness on the back of the tongue that balances it all. The Fall and Winter brews are my favorites and this one is nice, despite the disappointing head.

I like beer. Not in a drink-until-I-pass-out kinda way, but in a stimulate-the-senses kinda way. Good beers have great depth in their color, smell, and taste. I have a small collection of bottles and would like to start collecting tap handles too. Why blog about it? Well, I have a desire to begin home brewing my own concoctions. If I want them to improve and begin refining my skill, I need to keep a log of what I do and how it comes out. I have no desire to keep a "beer diary" as such, but I have found inspiration from two friends.

Brave New Food  is a blog detailing my friend Ginny's adventures in cooking. Her recipes are often new and different and it is fun to hear about her inspirations and anecdotes.

Reprehensible Harm is an opinion blog by my friend Cory. He shares his opinions and "humble commentary" on current events.

I see myself borrowing (see: stealing) from each: giving an account of my creations while offering my opinion on a random topic. My creations may be a bit delayed, as I have yet to start any actual home brewing, but there are plenty of beers currently in existence that I enjoy and would love to share. That should appropriately fill the time until I start and the gaps in between brews.

My only hope is that you all enjoy the adventure as much as I do.

1 comment:

  1. so excited for your future posts! and am totally honored by the shout-out. ;)

    ReplyDelete